May 14, 2009

Acquire The Fire

This past weekend was Acquire the Fire here in PIttsburgh, the last stop of the tour and I have to say it was amazing. I was a volunteer and didn't get to hear much of Friday night, but I was close to the stage area for Saturday, and they had tvs in the hall so I could still watch the seminars and hear the concerts. It was amazing. The music was so loud I didn't have go inside to see them and I didn't for Phil Joel (bassist for Newsboys) and 1 Man Crew. But I did for Jeremy Camp of course. But that isn't the point of this post.

Friday night I got the chance to catch the last 10-15 minutes of one of the speakers: Nick. He has armless and legless, and his testimony was amazing. He hit your hearts and made you think of your life and your walk with God. I cried when I listened to him speak. Then he gave the alter call...over half of the stadium got up and went to the alter, and if they couldn't make it down they stood in their seats. So many people stood up and showed their reliance on God. There were over 5000 teens and youth pastors/parents at Acquire The Fire, showing their love of God, singing the songs of praise. and listening to the speakers with intent. Some were even walking around saying "free hugs for Jesus" it was kind of sweet.

I was amazed to see how many teens were willing to stand up and say they believe in Jesus and follow him. Too often we hear bad things about this generation, but I looked at these kids and talked to some of them and it gave me hope. Hope for a better tomorrow. I can't wait for next year...

No comments: