Apr 11, 2009

Aqcuire The Fire

Next month I am volunteering at Acquire The Fire when they come to Pittsburgh. I am excited to be a part of this big youth convention. As soon as I mentioned it to the teens in my church, pretty much all of them said they wanted to go which is pretty exciting in my eyes. Teens that are excited for something. If you don't know much about Acquire The Fire, it is a youth conference with special speakers, bands, workshops and all kinds of stuff. It is generally two days and I guess sometimes it can be three. I have gone in the past and really enjoyed myself, and I decided to volunteer and do whatever they needed me to do to give back to the group as well as maybe get the chance to talk to some teens, meet other Christians my age in the area and make some nice connections within the ministry realm.

I got most excited when my teens said they wanted to go. Two of which are from other countries: Belgium and Italy. This is something they would not have gotten to experience in their countries and probably if they had gone somewhere other than here. Having high school exchange students is an experience I think everyone should take advantage of, but that is for a different post (I have so many in my mind that you will never know when there will be a new post LOL. I'll try not to have two in one day hehe). But the teens in my church seem to be excited about this event and I hope they will be able to make new friends the way they do at camp or make certain connections especially those who are graduating like Danelle. I think your youth pastor would take a lot from the youth pastor seminar if he is able to go, if I wasn't volunteering I would be a part of that since I help him out, but still being a volunteer is something exciting. I cannot wait...I keep trying to think of things to do to get the days to go by faster so that it will be time to go HAHA.

The group that organizes this event is massive and does other teen ministries throughout the country that I would like to get involved with and try to get our teens involved with since we have such a small group. I think it is a good idea to get them out meeting other teens and getting involved with things like this. But yea that is what I am looking forward to at the moment. :)

No comments: