Jun 14, 2009

Things Aren't As They Appear

Sometimes the things we want in life aren't as they appear nor do they go the way we expect them too. We cannot always have things exactly the way we want them. I know too often in life we try to plan out how we want our lives to be and how we want them to play out. We expect everything to work out perfectly to our little plans, but God has other things in his plans. Sometimes I have found when we rely on God while making our plans they match with his, other times not so much.

My new job feels as if God simply placed it action for me. I love the people I work with as well as the job itself. I feel like I am finally doing something worth while, and what God wants me to do, has wanted me to do. I feel fulfilled for once and it is because I put my job situation into God's hands. There are aspects of my job that some people don't understand and try to give me a guilt trip about it because the way my job pans out isn't what THEY expected it to be. But in reality it isn't about them or me, but the young woman this job is made for. God wants things for our lives and places us in situations that may not as they appear. Everyone thinks my job is easy and fun because there are days when it is, but it is so taxing mentally, physically, and emotionally.

When it comes to relationships we all have our ideas on the "perfect" relationship and honestly I don't think I have the idea on the perfect relationship because honestly is there really a perfect relationship outside of the relationship that we have with Christ. I think when we think of things and how we want them to appear we set standards that no one is able to achieve, not even ourselves. Things in our lives are never what they appear, because no matter how hard we try to plan or set expectations or standards, God has something else in mind. When we rely more on God and allow him to have control in our lives things will start to become what they appear to be.

No comments: