Dec 1, 2008

Making God Real

Pastor stated in his sermon last Sunday and in the past week, that he has been saying a simple sentence during his prayer time. It is something we all could say and even say it once or twice during the day when we aren't in a specific prayer time. The sentence is simple, only ten words: Lord I need you to be real in my life. Too often we don't allow God to be real enough in our lives. What I mean is that we like to think of God just sitting up in Heaven looking down on us and answering or not answering prayers. We don't let him have full reign in our lives and have control over everything. That is something we NEED to have.

We need to say the same thing that pastor has been saying. I need you to be real in my life God. I need you...How can we live for God if we don't allow him or ask him to be real in our lives? How can we truly serve God at our best if we don't ask him to be real for us? When God is real in our lives it becomes easier for us to be disciplined in praying, reading, and it will be easier for us to tithe, and give of our time; at least that is what I think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello!

This is my first time visiting Way Of Hope and I have to say that I am very impressed. There is a lot of good faith building content here. This post really caught my eye though. That is exactly what we need to be doing. We need to be asking God to be real for us. I mean really he already did that physically through Jesus and it is as if we have all just forgotten about that.

Thank You! I will certainly keep that prayer in my mind throughout the day!