Dec 11, 2008

Appearances

Sometimes we make quick judgements on people based on how they look or even where they work, how they act, what they do and other things like that. God doesn't want us to be judging others for any reason. Some people are just different in different ways some of us could have purple hair while others will have tattooes and others will dress a certain way. That doesn't mean we are any different from each other or anything like that. Doesn't make anyone better or worse than another.

I have a friend who gets judged by how he looks and sometimes by what he does for a living. But since I know him fairly well, I know the type of person he is and I know he is a good guy with a great heart. Sure he has purple hair, gauges in his ears, dresses a certain way and acts a certain way, but it honestly doesn't make him less of a person. He has already stated one of the best things about me is that I don't judge him, I still want to be his friend.

Why do we sit and judge others based on different things about who they are? We know nothing of the person, yet we judge. Do we honestly think as Christians that judging others makes a point or makes us seem like a good person? If anything it makes us come across as not a Christian. That is one reason why I love my church because our motto is Judge No One Minister To All; that is something we all need to live by.

No comments: