Dec 6, 2008

In a Box

Pastor Marvin said something at one of the Bible studies that has made me think. HE said that many times we try to keep God in a box. He is right too often we try to keep God in the small box and only let him out when we want him in our lives instead of keeping him at our sides throughout life. What good does it do to keep God in this box? WE need to let him out and experience him in our lives.

We don't want to admit that we need God or that we do not have control over our own lives. How can we do anything for God if we don't let him out of his box? Everyone talks about living and thinking outside of the box, yet we won't let God think outside the box for our lives, and why? Are we afraid to see where God will take us? Are we too afraid to let God work in our lives because there is that small part of us that doesn't want him too even though we constantly say we do? I know somethings I will admit that I put God in a box, and when I do my life goes downhill and all kinds of nastiness occurs. But when God is out of the box things are better and I can feel his presence more.

We need to keep God out of that box!

No comments: