Oct 7, 2011

Thankfulness

For some reason I stopped doing this and I think I should get back into doing the blog, especially my thankfulness posts. October is a month of celebration and awareness. It is breast cancer awareness as well as Pastor Appreciation month. So for this post I am going to choose one of my pastors: Pastor Paul. There are so many things I am thankful for with Pastor Paul.

Always being there to listen and offer helpful, Biblical and fatherly advise

Being unjudging and accepting for who we are

Helping me remain strong through everything

Willingness to sacrifice his own comforts

His ability to make any situation fun and serious at the same time

Y.E.S. Camp

Showing what loving your spouse really means

Being a shining example of a Godly man

Caring about everyone and showing it

I am thankful that Pastor Paul puts his heart into the church, his family, and his job. He shows what dedication is. He shows true passion and compassion in everything he does.

While this month is Pastor appreciation month, I think we should show appreciation for our pastors every week in some form. Pastor Paul is an amazing pastor, friend, and role model. It is hard not to learn something from him even if you are simply having a conversation with him. I am thankful to call him not only my pastor but also my friend and someone I look up to and admire.

No comments: