Oct 30, 2011

Friendships

Sometimes it is amazing wgen you sit back and look at friendships in your life.  In the past few years I have lost countless friends.  Some close and painful to lose, others not so much.  Many things have made thosr friendships fizzle, and there are some that I don't understand what happened.

Today Tom and I spent our day with Josh and Kate.  Its always a joy to spend the day with them.  Today I mostly sat back admiring our friendships.  I thought about other friendships and realize how thankful I am for my friends: all of them, and ones that it might be time to let go of.  I also thought of friebds that I ned to be a better friend to like Terry.

There is a sayinh that friends are the family God forgot to give us.  I have a few I would say are family.  We love family despite shortcomings.  So does that mean I should firgive a friend who has offended not only but Tom as well?  What things in a friendship should be forgiven, and what not to be forgiven? When dies that line get drawn?

No comments: