Jul 5, 2011

Random Acts Of Kindness

So I was wondering…do boy scouts help little old ladies cross the road?  I know random thought right?  its more of the idea of people doing something kind for someone else without expecting something else in return.  It seems that when we do something for someone, its because we are thinking that one day they will return the favor or pay us back.

There was a movie a while back I can’t remember the year, but it was called Pay If Forward.  The idea was doing a random act of kindness for at least 3 people a day.  That is going to be kind of a challenge for not only myself but to anyone reading my blog.  Do something kind for at least 3 people a day and don’t expect anything in return, strangers not people you know.  I don’t know where that would lead but maybe people would start having a better view of humanity.

We are too worried about our own wants and needs that we don’t even consider helping someone else in need.  I have seen people walk the other way when they have seen someone in need.  When Tom and I went to Washington D.C, a lady asked a few people to take a picture of her and her daughter.  A few seconds out of someone’s day, the answers she got; “no, i can’t” “I don’t have time I need to go.”  No one wanted to take the few seconds to take this woman’s picture for her.  So I offered and she was so happy.

WHy do we find it so hard to do something for other people yet at the same time we expect other people to do things for us.  I don’t understand the human race and I don’t think I ever will.

No comments: