Jul 7, 2011

Dolphins

The other day Tom and were just walking on the beach before I had to go to work, and we got to see several pods of dolphins swimming in the ocean and playing in the surf.  I’ve been waiting to see them since we got here and I’m glad I got to see dolphins at least once.  They looked for pretty and majestic swimming.  There were some adult dolphins and a few babies.

It made me appreciate God’s creations a little more.  It gave me yet another glimpse into nature that I wouldn’t have gotten if we had stayed in Pittsburgh for the summer.  I cannot begin to say how much I have experienced and how amazing it is that I get to experience it just because I took a chance and came to North Carolina with Tom.  I just think if I wasn’t willing to take the risk and step so far out of my comfort zone, what I could be missing.  There are still trials ahead concerning the whole comfort zone thing, but I think I am making progress.

I’m not so much scared to leave my zone, just nervous and realized that sometimes that nervous anxiety feeling and turn itself around to feelings of awe and wonderment when I get to experience new things.  I look back and wonder what I could have missed out on because of my desire to remain in my comfort zone. But that is the past and I plan on making more changes for the better.

No comments: