Apr 6, 2011

Cityy Nature

I was in a class on Monday and they had a prompt to write about. It had to do with nature and asked how can nature change your view of the world.  Listening to what the kids thought about nature got me thinking.
Alot if people consider nature a forest or meadow, but do we consider trees and plants in the city nature?

A few weeks ago I walked alittle bit around Pittsburgh taking pictures. My purpose was to show the beauty that is Pittsburgh.  To show you can enjoy "fresh air" and sounds in the city as you would on a hike.  Sure it is slightly different sounds and sights, but a pigeon is still a bird and a city park still has grass, trees, even a squirrel or two.

The few pictures are some I took that day.  You dont need to be in woods, a meadow, mountains or whatever to find nature or to learn from it.  Nature is even in the big city.





No comments: