Dec 17, 2009

Childlike Innocence

The other night I was on the phone with Casey, and his daughter wanted to talk to me.  While on the phone she asked me where was my house; so I told her Pennsylvania: i could hear her telling Casey what I said that in itself was cute and so innocent.  But what made my day and made me honestly think of childlike innocence was when I asked her where was her house….her response was so innocent, so quick not a second thought…..”right here”  That makes perfect sense doesn’t it?  Where is your house….right here. 

Her answer was just so innocent and made me remember what really matters in life, the simple things and that includes the innocent, simplistic answers that kids come up with.  Why is it that we adults don’t think like that anymore?  Why do we feel the need to sit down and analyze everything we are asked and analyze every decision we have to make?  Why can’t things be as simple as they are for children?  Why can’t we see things as simple and worry-free or unconditional as a child like Dai does.

Children have such innocent thinking that somehow escapes us when we become adults.  When is it that that kind of innocence leaves us?  All three times that I have talked to Dai on the phone she has said or done something that reminds me why I love children and how much they can teach us.  She has tried to show me something through the phone not realizing I couldn’t see it, today she told me her shoes were blue.  All three times she has asked me to come over, again not realizing that I am not as close as she may thin.

No comments: