Jul 25, 2009

Never Too Young.


It was that time again; time for YES Camp that my church does. This year was a little different for me because I had to work, so I went up on days that I could. I experienced both of the camps because I ran between both of them. I would help out for a few hours at the junior camp and then a few hours at the senior camp. There were many things that I was impressed with this year. One of the biggest things was that the Junior Camp was directed by a new person this year. Kathy leads our junior church so she took over when the former directors stepped down.

Kathy decided since it was a military theme that she would teach the junior campers about the armor of God and what it means to wear the armor of God. She used visual aids such as a helmet for the Helmet of Salvation. It has been said in the past that the kids are too young to hear about things like Salvation and fighting in God's army, but Kathy went in thinking differently. She even did alter calls so the kids could pray about things and ask for prayer for things. We had kids asking for prayer for their family and friends, for sick family members etc. But the most wonderful thing was the 6 of the 30 kids we had in Jr. Camp came to Christ that week.

The kids were so excited to learn about the armor of God and what it means to be in God's arm and "be on guard." They were eager to answer questions, and learn everything they could learn that week. I expect to see more kids in Jr. Camp next year, many said they couldn't wait until next year. This year's Jr. Camp goes to show that you are never too young to learn about Salvation, you are never too young to accept Christ into your life.

No comments: