Jun 2, 2008

Strength and Shield

I was planning on writing a post on something different, but what I am going to write about today has been on my mind all weekend. Sometimes when we deal with different things in our lives, we try to solve things on our own. We try to find the answers on our own and we don't try to look to God for the strength, and answers we think we need.

There is a song that has been on my mind all weekend: AS THE DEER. In the song the chorus says: "You alone are my strength, my shield to you alone may my spirit yield." The song of course is about God. As deer pant for water and long for something to quench their thirst, our spirits long for God. God is our strength, shield, tower of refuge. When we are dealing with something so hard and what seems unbearable we need to rely on God instead of our own devises.

Honestly what good does that do? Where does relying on our own devises lead us? Does it help? No. The only thing that helps us through our hardships and heartache is our faith in God. Without that how can we make it through? We need to rely on our faith and pray to God for help or cry out to him. I've cried out in pain and anguish all throughout the cancer, and I cried out to him for someone I love dearly. We struggle throughout life all the time, it's all a part of life. The main part is how we deal with that pain, the biggest thing we need to do is realize that God is our strength, shield, and refuge.

Rely on God, you'd be surprised at the things that could happen.


As The Deer - Click here for funny video clips

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful post. I struggle with diabetes and all the emotional stuff that goes along with a chronic condition. I cry out to God and I try to give him my inner pain, but sometimes...to often...I can't seem to let it go. I wish I was better at doing that. Thanks for the inspiration.

Jenn said...

I know CW, it's hard sometimes to give God everything, we aren't able to let things go because we're always worried about it or overthinking things.

But the more we give to him, the easier it gets.