Sep 29, 2009

Asking Patience

Many times people get on our nerves that we need to learn to have patience with them. We allow people to bring us so much stress and allows us to get frustrated. People and other situations can try our paitence. For example, at my job there is one person who doesnt really do what the job asks. He sleeps on shift, refuses to do something we should do, smokes a lot, and other things. When complained about to the boss, it get ignored and not dealt with properly. Many of my co-workers, myself included have gotten so frustrated with this co-worker that our patiences ith him is too thin. I asked God to give me patience with the situation, and i have to say that was a mistake.

I say that it was a mistake because if anything I was shown that patience is something you do not learn. But rather develop with time. You can't automatically be able to be patient with people who get on your nerves, or patient waiting for a car or that guy you like to ask you out. You need to develop your patience through the experience. You develop patience by being forced to be patient. My co-workers and I are forced to be patient with our boss because maybe she is waiting to gather enough of the lazy co-worker before she fires him...more proof. We need to be patient while she works out the kinks in the schedule sure we need it before the first of the month, but we still need to be patient.

They say patience is a virtue, but really it is. if you can be patient with the various stresses in life I think you are doing good. I admit I am not the most patient person in the world and I would love to be more patient. Ineed to develop more of my patience and I guess that if it takes haveing more frustration in life so be it, but I will develop my patience, and I thank God for making me be more patient.

No comments: